Monday, January 10, 2011

Magnets Galore

I am sure all of you know how to do this...
AND started making these years ago

but I'm behind on the times. 

And frankly, I wanted a fun and easy craft with my crazy awesome sister-in-law!

Glass Magnets

Materials
Mod Podge
Glass Stones (Dollar Store)
Scrapbook Paper
Magnets
Glue Gun (if magnets aren't self-adhesive)
Sponge Brush

Directions
Step 1: Trace and Cut


Step 2: Mod Podge



Step 3: Magnetize me baby!

Step 4: Enjoy!

Imagine the possibilities!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are very cute!

Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

I made some with dollar store stuff last year! I use tacky glue (all I had) and wouldn't advise that to anyone.) I like yours though :)Are those trees outlined with a pencil?

Sweet European Dreams said...

I can't imagine where my life would be without good ol' Mod Podge! These are super cute, and yes, many many FUN possibilities!!! Glad I found you today via Funky Junk's! -diane

Joy said...

I love making mind with a stack of magazines... I use the stone like a little magnet to find cute patters or words that fit. Elmer's glue works too!

Hallie Glassman said...

I loved this project but I'm having trouble with the magnets. They stick to the refrigerator but they can't hold up even just one piece of paper, even with using multiple magnets. It's probably because of the weight of the stones I used, but have you had this problem?